Older houses, condos, apartments, and so forth, were not built intuitively in many aspects, and even some more modern homes can be lacking the electrical demand that we need accommodated for modern living. Entertainment, convenience, assistance, and so much more are provided through electrical devices and appliances. Older houses’ electrical systems will commonly have electrical problems. Outlets are usually the biggest frustration and concern. Today, we at Peterkin Electric would like to address the need for more electrical outlets.
What Do You Do if You Don’t have Enough Outlets?
1) Multiply your plug-in space. You can double a 2-outlet into a 4-outlet with an adapter should other options be not available. You can plug in four bulky devices with transformers too. This is not the best solution and a temporary one at best. It could easily lead to overloading the circuit and is not a permanent solution!
2) Utilize AC adapter brick. The computer area alone likely needs 2-3 dozen outlets. Have for those who have a laptop, desktop, printers, WIFI routers, and so on. Should you experience low outlet availability, utilize the devices, like the laptop for instance. This gadget, a brick-attached device known as an AC Adapter, can help give you some power elsewhere by giving you 2 extra plugs. This plugs in between your power cord and your AC Adapter brick.
3) Expand the reach. When the outlets are poor designed, and they are located in off places where your plugs simply cannot reach is another scenario. If safely executed, and for temporary use, extension cords can be an ideal solution. It is a safety hazard when the cords strung all over and it is also an eyesore. To help you remember what is plugged in, use multi-Lines, as they are colorful extension cords, white, blue, or pink, that can stagger their outlets along the length of the cord. For each one you plug in to the wall, they can give you 3 plugs in three different places. Again, this is strictly a temporary solution only.
4) Lessen the demand. some people would rather avoid the extension cords, though you can camouflage the extension cords with covers for the unmovable devices like a refrigerator or TV. Leaving you to decide what really needs to be constantly plugged in, installing new outlets, or other permanent solutions may not be an issue with a rental. When you need it for something else, some can be unplugged when not in use, and free up an outlet, where some of the electronics and devices are optimally left plugged in.
5) Easily install more outlets. You can install additional outlets if you own or get permission from the landlord. Hire an electrician to install a few outlets in various rooms of the house where they are needed, or even potentially needed as this project is not safely done as a DIY project. Additional outlets can also help outdoors as well.
Electrical Wiring & More in Laguna Woods, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Aliso Viejo, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Lake Forest & Orange County, California
To help you get extra outlets installed for your home or business, Peterkin Electric is readily available. This will help accommodate the demand safely and conveniently. Call us for all electrical needs.