Everyone loves the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing a DIY project. There is the money saved plus the fact that you learned something new. But when it comes to electrical DIY projects it’s best left to the professionals. Laying a tile floor incorrectly can just leave you with an ugly looking floor but an incorrect electrical job can cause severe electrical shock, fire and death. You can also break housing codes or insurance policies when you do the work yourself.
Projects to Hire a Licensed Electrician For
1. Installing new electrical outlets. Even though this project seems simple it can be dangerous. It really needs to be done by professionals because they understand how electrical wiring works. You may end up with a house fire by trying to complete this “simple” task.
2. Installing new circuits. The demands on electricity are now higher than ever, causing old circuits to trip more often. Adding new circuits can be more dangerous in older homes. Professionals should be hired to safely change panels or install sub panels. This is the best way to ensure upgrades are done safely to handle all those modern gadgets.
3. Installing new electrical wiring. With any electrical projects, just because you might be capable of performing the task doesn’t mean you should. New wiring is often required after a remodel. You need experts for safety and to maintain code regulations.
4. Electrical work in the kitchen or bathroom. Kitchens and bathrooms mean the presence of water and we all know that water and electricity doesn’t mix. Always hire professionals to handle any electrical changes in these areas of your home.
5. Fixing an electrical short. Another task that seems easy to handle on your own but if your home has aluminum wiring it can be dangerous. This “simple” fix sends over 1000 people to the emergency room every year and burns down hundreds of homes each year. Wiring that continues to short needs to be taken care of by professionals.
6. Dealing with code violations. Not only is it an inconvenience to deal with issues found after a home inspection, it can be a safety issue too. The safety of your home and family is far more important than trying to save a few dollars to fix electrical issues on your own.
Electrical Services in Laguna Woods, Santa Ana, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach, Aliso Viejo, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Lake Forest & Orange County, California
There is no shame in hiring professionals to perform any home project. Pros that are trained in their specific field are trained to do that work and do it every day. Jobs that require you to learn something quickly are second nature to them. Plus, you don’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to do and that means more time to do something fun! Even tasks that appear to be very “simple” to do yourself can be dangerous. It’s just not worth the risk. However, there are hazards that come with hiring an electrician that is inexperienced or unsafe. You’ll have no worries if you hire Peterkin Electric. Contact us today to schedule an electrical inspection or to perform electrical work in your home.